He's always there!

The bright flash lit up my darkened bedroom, enough for me to see the shadows of the window frames across the floor, then followed by brief darkness once again to only be jolted by the large clap of thunder that proceeded to startle me to conciseness. Another bright flash, followed again be the sound of thunder now had me wide awake and sitting up in my bed. The flashes continued along with loud crashes of thunder.  I could no longer sleep. For fear had gripped my mind and I had to find comfort somewhere. As my feet touched the cold wooden floor, I left my room in haste as I hurried towards my parents bedroom. "Mom?", I whispered. "Dad?"  Before waiting for them to answer, "I'm scared! Can I stay in your bed tonight?" "Climb in, I remember my mother saying".  And to my surprise, my younger sister had already arrived a few minutes before me. So I proceeded to squeeze in between my sister and my Dad.  I don't remember him saying anything at the time, nor complaining that there were too many people in one now crowded King size bed. Just the thought that he was there was comfort enough for me at that time.  I fell asleep knowing now that I was safe.  The next morning I had woken up in my own bed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

continual prayer and ministry

Bringing Hope at the Border

The new normal?