Father knows Best

Every weekday morning, when I woke up to breakfast, my father would be sitting at the kitchen table reading the morning newspaper, tinkering his spoon into his cereal bowl to get the last spoonful of milk into his mouth, or munching on a piece of toast. He was usually already dressed and ready to go to work by the time I had decided to wake up. My mother would be usually dressed in her robe, pouring hot water into her tea cup and glancing at me as I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I would usually see what cereal my dad had already brought to the table and pour that into my waiting bowl as I tried to read the headlines of a article from the back my dad's newspaper.

Being informed of the latest news from the local paper was a ritual in our house. The morning radio talk show would also be on playing quietly in the background so my mother could hear what the weather was going to be for my sister and I, due to the fact, we usually walked to our school bus stop each school morning.

Today, we need to be more informed as to what God is saying to us then what man is trying to tell us.
(1 Cor. 15:49-51)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

continual prayer and ministry

Bringing Hope at the Border

The new normal?