Belt of Truth


  "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist ..." (Ephesians 6:14)

Last week my main belt of my Ford Fusion broke.  In inspecting it, it looked fairly new. But after my mechanic looked at it, he said though it looked fairly new, it had a few cracks in it.  The logical diagnosis to the possible problem was some other issue was causing the belt to break.  But after an hour of sitting idle and a test drive, everything seems to be fine.  

The thoughts I got today from this, is Let us be aware of the cracks in our belt of truth.  My belt of truth, the Holy Spirit holds my sword, which is the word of God close to me, so I can pull it out when I need to use it to fight against the attacks that come my way.  

There are many distractions in my world today that can keep me from standing firm in what I know is truth. Our own understanding in what we think we want or what we think is best needs to be aligned with what God is saying. 

Holy Spirit, guide me today and always to your truth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

continual prayer and ministry

Bringing Hope at the Border

The new normal?