A Parent's Love


From time to time there will be blog posts sharing about Adoption stories from the perspective of both parents and children. If you feel you have a story to share, please email me or send me a comment and I will be glad to invite to you share your story in a series of blog posts.

What does a parent, such as a Father go through when a wife has a pregnancy? I can tell you from experience, I don't know. But what parents go through to adopt children is a whole different story. And what the Children who are being adopted are going through at the time is something I have always wondered. I have asked other adoptive parents and adoptive children to share their feelings, frustrations, and experiences on this blog so other adoptive children and parents can 'hear' what the other has to say. I hope this will be a place of insight and healing for those who read this.

International Adoption during the year of 2001 was a challenge for me. If it wasn't for numerous emails from John-Mark and Sharon, fellow YWAMers who had lived in Haiti before we had arrived, who had shared with me their process of adopting two boys of their own years before, I don't think I would have accomplished all I had during the short time (14 months) I was in there.  I was living and serving with YWAM in Haiti with my wife, Laurie, along with our USA adopted son and first child, Jeremiah, who is seated on the left in this picture. We knew we did not want to raise just one adopted child in our family and Jeremiah always wanted a brother. So with a picture from other fellow YWAM missionaries who had gone to Haiti on a short term outreach, who showed me a picture of a little cute and handsome boy, who needed a home, we couldn't resist to locate this guy and see what we could do to bring him home to Texas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

continual prayer and ministry

Bringing Hope at the Border

The new normal?